This article is about legal assistants and the deposition tips we can provide to assist in the legal community.
Legal Assistants and the Deposition
Before the Deposition
Legal assistants will want to prepare for the following things.
- Determine where the deposition will be taking place and that it is suitable for the demands of the day.
- Verify the lighting is adequate and that there is an appropriate amount of space and seating available. Also that there are photocopying and wifi available.
- Contact the court reporting firm and arrange for any changes in time or venue that may have come up, any videography services that are needed and local or remote realtime connections are available.
- If the case is technical, give the court reporter a list of case-specific terms to program into their stenotype job dictionary.
Time of Deposition
- Be sure to introduce yourself to the videographer and court reporter and remember to provide all interested parties with a business card.
- If there are exhibits that need pre-marked before going on the record, be sure to provide these to the court reporter.
- Go over a few of the Do’s and Don’ts and remind the witness of how to be a rockstar during questioning.
Before You Leave
- Consult with the court reporter and be sure they have everything they need such as all of the needed spellings.
- Verify the delivery time of the final transcript and synced video.
- Verify who exactly will be in charge of retaining the exhibits.
- See if your court reporter has time to quickly clean up the rough draft while he is still connected to his/her realtime feed.
We hoped you have found this article enjoyable and informative. If you are looking for Phoenix court reporters for your deposition, contact our office or call us today to schedule a deposition with us.
Exhibeo for attorneys is the subject of this week’s blog. Attorneys are responsible for the collecting, organizing, and maintenance of files for a deposition. In addition, they have to ensure this information is available when it is needed. Historically this entails spending a fortune on shipping or having to haul large, heavy boxes wherever they need to go. Exhibeo is making the lives of paralegals and legal secretaries easier worldwide.
Exhibeo saves time, effort and tons of money, including the cost of manpower. Its security features are one of the attractive capabilities of this product. You can relax knowing that all of your files are secure, uploading all the documents you want up to 300,000 onto your drive, then being able to recall by the keyword search. Nothing is held in the cloud, removing the vulnerability of potential hacks. Another added benefit is the level of preparedness with all of your files being portable. Being able to search and share your documents once you save them is a game-changing feature, whereas now you can find exactly what you’re looking for by searching with exact quotes instead of reading line by line. Once saved you can distribute the documents to all parties using Exhibeo’s closed and secure network. So if you are preparing for an all-day deposition for multiple parties and want to save the dreaded cost and labor that goes with the previous method, then we encourage you to check out this new and innovative tool for paralegals, attorneys, and legal secretaries.
Phoenix Deposition Services hope you enjoyed this week’s blog and continue to read throughout the future. If you’re looking for the very best in Phoenix court reporters, look no further and contact us either by phone (602) 230-2499 or by visiting our website to schedule your deposition or video deposition today.